Most people I know absolutely LOVE to decorate for Christmas, but what are you to do if you just don’t have the space for a big beautiful tree? Below you’ll find 6 Christmas Tree Alternatives for Small Spaces, have fun decorating in a different and very creative way this year!
1. Looking at Christmas trees for small spaces? Get a miniature Christmas Tree and place it on a sideboard, end table, or on the floor! It’s so adorable and you won’t need to do much, if anything, to decorate it! Small trees get a bad wrap for being depressing, but as you can see here, it can be anything but sad!
2. Create a tree from wood, it’s a simple and beautiful look. It can easily be decorated to fit with the decor in your home and if you’re up for the challenge you can even paint the wood whatever color you want! We love the simplicity of this and will be trying it out this year!
3. Try drawing a tree on paper and hang that on your wall, like this one from Style Me Pretty. As you can imagine, the clean up on this one is super easy (ie. no dragging a dead tree out to the curb!)
4. If you have a chalkboard wall in your home, simply draw one! This is a great one to get the kids involved and there’s no limit to the ornaments!
5. Combine different lengths of sticks together to create that lovely tree shape and then decorate with Christmas decorations in your own color scheme.
6. Find an old book, dip the pages in tea, and create a stunning tree that has an old and rustic look, it’s beautiful! I think book lovers have mixed feelings on this but it is stunning!
With snow in the forecast and Christmas officially in the air here in Salzburg I thought it’s time to look at some of the best Scandinavian holiday interiors to share some inspiration on decorating for the holiday season!
I always have loved how simple the Scandinavian Christmas decor is as well as all the beautiful and natural elements they bring into the home. Like hanging Christmas decorations off a branch, or creating decorations out of sticks, twigs, moss, and leaves.
Going out into the woods and finding lots of natural materials you can use as Christmas decorations is always a great way to create a cozy atmosphere, and it’s free, who doesn’t love that! You can create candleholders out of logs and stars out of sticks!
We just love this natural stand for the Christmas tree, what a great idea!
By now you’ve probably seen our Hostess and Teacher Gift Guide and now it’s time to introduce our Mom Gift Guide! We’re so thrilled to be able to make your holiday shopping a breeze by wrapping all your gifts free of charge with a personalized note from you!
1. Consilium Vases by Scandinaviaform, perfect alone or create a beautiful display with a few together.
2. The Green Hoop Felt Basket, wonderful for just about anything.
3. Copper Lup Candlestick by Hay Design, a stylish addition to any home.
4. Limited edition Kollekted Print by Kristina Krogh, signed and numbered. These prints fit perfectly into Ikea frames.
We’ve put together our must have Teachers Gift Guide for this year! We have a wonderful selection of affordable products available that are modern, simple, and unique for your children’s wonderful teachers!
1. A perfect bowl for Candy (or sugar) by Normann Copenhagen.
2. What teacher wouldn’t like to get something that will help them be even more organized than they probably are? The fabulous and modern Accordion Folder by Hay Design is perfect and available in both A4 and A5 size.
4. The beautiful and simple Consilium Single Flower Vase by Scandinaviaform.
5. A brass colored Clip, a perfect clip for taking all that homework home to mark.
6. The Magnetic Paper Clip Holder, we love how stylish this product is and comes with 15 paper clips on us!
If you missed it be sure to check out the Hostess Gift Guide today!
We’re thrilled to share with you our first Hostess Gift Guide for the holiday season! Tired of bringing wine every year to your holiday parties? Try bringing one of these great gifts that will show you really thought ahead this year!
1. For your dear friend who just can’t live without coffee, a coffee filter holder made in Finland. It can easily be changed into a napkin holder.
2. Hay Tea Towels, bright, fun and practical.
3. Folk Candlestick, with its simple design it can fit perfectly into any living room.
4. Salt and Pepper Grinders by Menu, a gift that’s unique, modern and pretty!
5. Present your homemade baking on the beautiful plate by Normann Copenhagen.
We were honored and thrilled to be part of the last issue of Anthology Magazine.
I haven’t done a travel post in a while, but with the excitement of Christmas coming and ski season starting I find myself looking through neat ideas for a winter getaway, not that I need go far these days living on the edge of the Alps. But nonetheless I was curious what was out there. When I came across Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort I fell in love, this place has now been safely put on my must see list, perhaps not this winter but hopefully one in the near future.
This family run business was started in 1973, and has since turned into Finland’s best international travel business with the same founder, Jussi, still running the show. At this magical getaway you can stay in glass igloos, log cabins, snow igloos and more. I’m particularly drawn to the glass igloo, I think it would be so magical to fall asleep at night under the dancing northern lights.
This hotel is located on the road to the arctic circle, and is known to be one of the cleanest places in the world! You can even drink water straight from the stream! Lastly, one of the coolest things about this place is its right next door to Santa’s house, yes that’s right, SANTA’S HOUSE! If you go with kids you can even arrange to have a little visit with Santa, how cool is that!
You can find more information and browse pictures of this beautiful place here. If you’re really keen to go, you can easily get there with both Finn Air and Norwegian Air who have regular flights from Helsinki!
Pictures via – Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort
Just like that we are into November and the holiday season is fast approaching! We are so happy to be here to help made your holiday shopping a little easier, so stay tuned for our gift guides coming up throughout the next two weeks to help you get that perfect gift for all the special people in your life. Don’t forget to let us know that your order is a gift and we will wrap it with a note from you completely free of charge! Browse all all new Gift & Holiday section today!
Wishing you the happiest holiday season, and happy shopping!